Our core values
All Greeters and Greeter destinations share the same core values:
- Greeters are volunteers, a friendly face for those visiting a city/destination
- Greeters welcome individuals and may serve small groups of up to six people
- Meeting a Greeter is free of charge
- Visitors are welcomed without any kind of discrimination
- Greeter programs support sustainable tourism. Programs respect natural and man-made environments, they bring both cultural and economical enrichment to the local communities. Programs aim for a lasting positive image of each destination.
- Greeter programs create a mutually enriching opportunity for cultural exchange, create links between ordinary people in creating a better world.